UVC LAMP SYSTEMS FOR HVAC AIR HANDLERS
BenEfits of UVC lamp systems
- Well documented kill rates on mold and pathogens
- Can eliminate pathogens in .25 of a second
- Keeps evaporative coils clear of bio-film
- Reduces power consumption of air handler
- Lengthens air handler equipment life
- Reduces maintenance expense of equipment
Blue Shield commercial UVC systems can be laid out for full airstream disinfection in a single pass or reduced to control the naturally forming bio-film growth on the coil. These extremely effective systems are simple to install, maintain and can be combined with other compatible IAQ systems for a complete air treatment.
The 254 nm wavelength of UVC light is able to penetrate the cell walls of microorganisms and disrupt their DNA which inactivates them. Every commercial building can benefit from germicidal UVC disinfection by reducing biofilm on coils, resulting in significant energy and maintenance savings. We offer custom solutions for all industrial, medical, retail, corporate, and hospitality applications.
Blue Shield uses a 2 year life, T3 infused insulated bulb. UV light intensity diminishes with the temperature drop caused by wind. The insulated bulbs allow us to maintain a constant intensity. Many competitive brands do not have these features making them not nearly as effective. Bulb specifications avialble upon request.
- Bulbs and ballasts: 12″ to 62″ lengths
- Mounting hardware: Clips, racks and magnets
- Compact models to fit PTAC and mini-split units